How to Share Your Tapo Smart Devices (Smart Plugs, Cameras, and Lights) with Family
With the Device Sharing feature, you can invite other TP-Link Accounts, such as family members or neighbors, to manage and view your smart devices.
- Tapo Cameras, Doorbells, and Robot Vacuums may be shared with up to five (5) TP-Link Accounts, and Other Smart Home Devices may be shared with up to eight (8) other accounts.
- These accounts will have access to the Live View, Talk, Voice Call, Pan/Tilt Control, and the SD Card Video Features of the Camera, but will be unable to change the other settings of the camera.
- Shared Doorbells will also provide quick response and Ring/Call Features
- Please ensure that the firmware of your Tapo device and your Tapo App is up to date.
- Some devices may not currently support the device-sharing feature, but the Tapo app will inform you that the sharing feature is not supported by the device.
How To Share a Device with Another Account
1. Accounts You Would Like to Share Devices with will need an Active TP-Link ID
Let the invitees launch the Tapo APP, and choose “Sign up” to create their own TP-Link ID first.
2. On your own home page, long-press the device you want to share, then tap Share. Or on the Me page, tap Device Sharing and select the device from the list that you want to share.
3. Enter the invitee’s TP-Link ID, then tap SHARE.
*Note: For Tapo cameras, invitees have limited permissions to control the cameras.
4. Let the invitee log in to the Tapo APP, check the invitation under Devices From Others, and tap ACCEPT. After that, the invitee can manage this shared device now.
How to Stop Sharing a Device
If you want to stop this device sharing, go to Device Settings-Device Sharing or slide up, and you will see the account you shared the device with, slide it to the left and tap Delete:
You may also click on Me->Device Sharing->My Devices. You will see the Shared Devices on your account, then slide it to the left and tap Stop Sharing:
Please contact TP-Link Technical Support with the following information if you are unable to share your Tapo devices.
1) Your TP-Link ID or cloud account; invitee’s TP-Link ID
2) The model number of your Tapo device and its firmware version;
3) Tapo APP version
Why can't I share my Kasa smart devices?
The device-sharing feature for Kasa devices is currently under development and will be coming soon. Please stay tuned.