How to Set Up Your Tapo Hub (Tapo H100)
Follow the steps below to set up your Tapo smart hub using the Tapo app.
Step 1. Download the Tapo App
Go to Google Play or App Store or scan the QR code to download the Tapo app.
Step 2. Log In
Open the app and use your TP-Link ID to log in. If you don’t have a TP-Link ID, tap Sign Up to create one and the app will guide you through the rest.
Step 3. Set up the Hub
Note: The location permission is needed to find and connect to your hub during the setup. Grant the location permission when prompted and you can disable it after the setup.
1. Tap the + button in the Tapo app, select “Add Device”.
2. Select “Hubs” and then your product model.
3. Plug in your hub to power up. And then wait until the LED blinks orange and blue.
4. Go to your phone's or tablet’s Wi-Fi settings and join your hub’s network: Tapo_Hub_XXXX. Then return to the Tapo app.
5. Tapo will automatically look for your hub.
6. Choose your 2.4 GHz network and enter its password. You can tap the eye icon to double-check if you have entered the correct password. Then tap Next to add your Tapo hub to your home network.
7. Tap Join on the pop-up window, and it will start pairing your hub.
Note: Make sure your phone/tablet is connecting to the same network as your Tapo hub.
8. When the network is connected and pairing is complete, give your Tapo hub a name, set the location, and custom its icon for you to identify it easily.
9. After setting it up, check for the latest firmware and update for optimum performance. Set the update schedule for your hub.
10. Done! Your Tapo hub is ready for use. Now you can manage your Tapo hub via the Tapo app anytime, anywhere.
Note: You can continue to add Tapo sensors, buttons, switches and more. Alternatively, add the accessories by adding the + icon on the home page later.