Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch, MatterTapo S505
- Matter Certified – Integrate Matter-certified Tapo devices with other Matter end products into your preferred ecosystem.
- Voice Control – MManage your smart switch with voice commands via Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri®, or Google Assistant.
- Remote Control – Instantly turn connected devices on/off from wherever you are through the Tapo app.
- Schedule – Preset a schedule to automatically manage devices.
- Auto-Off – Automatically turns off a connected device after the device is left on for a set time.
- Away Mode – Randomly turns devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Smarter with Sensors – Create Smart Actions triggered by Tapo smart sensors for greater automation.
Your Traditional Lights
Smart Wi-Fi Light SwitchTapo S505
Smarter with Sensors
With Matter support, using one app to control all smart devices is no longer a fantasy. Integrate Tapo Matter devices into your favorite ecosystems to create a unified smart home.
Free up your hands by using simple voice commands with Siri®, Alexa, Google Assistant, or any other Matter-compliant voice assistant.
Your connected devices at home remain accessible via the Tapo app even when the household goes offline.
Control from Anywhere
Control your lights, ceiling fans, and other connected devices from anywhere via the Tapo app.
Live Smarter with presets
Device will auto turn off
Automatically turns off a connected device after the device is left on for a set time, saving energy. No more wasted electricity in unoccupied areas ever again.
Set schedules to automatically turn on/off your smart switches according to your daily routine and preferences.
Smarter with Tapo Sensors1
Effortlessly control your lights by setting automation or scenes triggered by Tapo smart sensors.
More Versatile with a Tapo Smart Button2
Pair with a Tapo Smart Button to turn your single-pole switch into a 3-way or even 4-way switch without rewiring.
Control multiple devices all at once for a customizable scene. Instantly set the perfect ambience for any activity.
Share to Family
The Matter protocol enables family members to access your home's smart products through different control ecosystems.
Automatically turn on and off connected appliances, like lights, to make it appear as if you're home.
Enjoy Easy, Friendly Setup
Tapo offers users multiple options to simplify configuration experiences. Use Bluetooth to easily onboard the smart switch with the Tapo app. Users can also set up Tapo S505 by scanning the included code with any Matter-compatible app, such as the Alexa app, Google Home app, and Apple Home app.
Tapo app: Bluetooth Onboarding
Matter-Compatilble app: Scan the Matter Code
Setup Guide for Matter products >>
Easy to Install
Turn off the circuit breaker.
Then remove your old wall switch.
Connect the wires to the smart switches as shown below.
Ground: Usually green or copper.
Neutral: Usually white, and not connected to the dumb switch.
Line/Load: Usually black, and connected to the dumb switch.
If you are unsure, consult a qualified electrician.
Note: No need to distinguish between Line and Load wires.
Walk You Through Setup Step by Step
1Download and open Tapo App
2Tap Plus (+) to add your smart device
3Look for your device and connect
4Name the device and choose the room it’s in
5Congratulations! You’ve now completed the configuration
• Restart Button
• Reset Button
• Apple Home
• Google Assistant
• Samsung SmartThings
Wall Plate × 1
Screws × 2
Wire Nuts × 4
Quick Start Guide
10%~90% RH, Non-condensing
- How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App
- How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device
- Features Supported in Different Ecosystems for TP-Link Matter-Certified Devices
- How to configure the Notification feature for the Tapo & Kasa devices on the Tapo app
- Troubleshooting Steps for failing to connect a Matter Device with another smart home platform
- How to add your Matter-Certified device into multiple controllers
- General Questions about Matter-Enabled Devices
- Why did the Matter set up of my Matter-certified device fail?
- Matter Setup Guides for Alexa, Google and Apple
- How to check and improve the network connection stability of Tapo & Kasa smart devices in the Tapo App