Smart Wi-Fi Light SwitchTapo S500
- Voice Control – Manage your smart switch with simple voice commands via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Samsung Bixby.
- Remote Control – Instantly turn connected devices on/off from wherever you are through the Tapo app.
- Schedule – Preset a schedule to automatically manage devices.
- Auto-Off – Automatically turns off a connected device after the device is left on for a set time.
- Away Mode – Randomly turns devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Easy Installation – Interchangeable Load and Line terminals guarantee hassle-free installation
- Smarter with Sensors1 – Create Smart Actions triggered by Tapo smart sensors for greater automation.
Smarten Up Your
Smart Wi-Fi Light SwitchTapo S500
Schedule & Timer
Smarter with Sensors
Control from Anywhere
Control your lights, ceiling fans, and other connected devices from anywhere via the Tapo app.
Your connected devices at home remain accessible via the Tapo app even when the household goes offline.
Use voice commands with Alexa or Google Assistant supported devices for a hands-free experience.
Smarter with Tapo Sensors1
Effortlessly control your lights by setting automation or scenes triggered by Tapo smart sensors.
More Versatile with a Tapo Smart Button2
Pair with a Tapo Smart Button to turn your single-pole switch into a 3-way or even 4-way switch without rewiring.
Group & Scenes
Group your smart switch with other Tapo devices to turn them all on or off with one click or choose a custom preset with scenes.
Use Schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off.Hallway Light On at 18:00
Automatically turns off a connected device after the device is left on for a set time, lowering your energy use.
3. Auto-Off Timer is being developed and users can benefit from the feature via an OTA upgrade soon.
Automatically turn on and off connected appliances, like lights, to make it appear as if you're home.
Easy to Install
Turn off the circuit breaker.
Then remove your old wall switch.
Connect the wires to the smart switch as shown below.
- Ground: Usually green or copper.
- Neutral: Usually white, and not connected to the dumb switch.
- Line/Load: Usually black, and connected to the dumb switch.
- If you are unsure, consult a qualified electrician.
Walk You Through Setup Step by Step
1Download and open Tapo App
2Tap Plus (+) to add your smart device
3Look for your device and connect
4Name the device and choose the room it’s in
5Congratulations! You’ve now completed the configuration
- How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App
- How to find the hardware and firmware version of my TP-Link device
- How to configure the Notification feature for the Tapo & Kasa devices on the Tapo app
- Why can’t I receive notifications after turning on Notifications?
- Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App
- How to use Widgets to control your Tapo Devices and Tapo Shortcuts on iOS devices
- How to check and improve the network connection stability of Tapo & Kasa smart devices in the Tapo App
- How to Configure Tapo Devices to Work with Samsung SmartThings
- How to Create Automations or Shortcuts for a Tapo Device
- What should I do if I cannot control my Tapo or Kasa smart devices using the Tapo app?