What can I do if the Tapo app is not working properly?
If there’s something wrong with the Tapo app, please try to do the below troubleshooting based on the problem you have.
Q1: Can’t install the Tapo app successfully
Tapo app requires Android 4.3 or higher/iOS 8.0 or higher OS version on your mobile device. If you encounter any installation problems, please kindly check and update the OS version on your mobile device.
Q2: Tapo app has a crash issue
1. Uninstall the Tapo app, then reinstall the latest app on your phone.
2. Install the Tapo app on another phone for a try.
Q3: Fail to login with TP-Link ID
1. Open a browser and search something on the mobile device, make sure it has internet access.
2. Connect the mobile device to another Wi-Fi network for a try.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the latest Tapo app, then open the app and log in.
4. Use a different mobile deivce to download and install the Tapo app, then try to log into the app again.